26 Mart 2009

Twitter's incredible rise

Twitter and other services which use its API become so popular in the last one year that, I can't stop blogging about it twice a week! I guess, I started to get bored about this issue but these stats are really need to be mentioned.

I already post a little article about the last year's traffic stats for the social networks, but in the previous days, Nielsen shared another research in their blog they made about Twitter's stats. The results of the research was really impressive. It says unique visitors of the service has grown 1382 percent in the last year which means from 475,000 uniques to 7 million. Twitter is followed by Facebook and Zimbio which showed also bigger performances like 240 percent and 228 percent. But, when you compare them with the Twitter's rise they are nothing more than worthless.

Another interesting result came out of the research was the one which is about the Age Demographics. According to the result, 65 percent of the Twitter users is older than the age of 35. If you also compare this data with Facebook and other social networks you can see a huge difference with the major age group of that social networks.

Now the only thing I am curious about is the success of Twitter in the countries other than US. I know lots of clone startups has failed becoming popular services in their local markets. They just couldn't get the users' attention. But, these results make me figure out something about that; maybe we can say; Twitter is found attractive by only older people which are the minor part of Internet users in those markets. Young age groups found Twitter-kind services less attractive and that's way those clones are all failed.

What do you say?


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder